Thank you for choosing to Show Some Love and participate in the 2019 Combined Federal Campaign (CFC). Your work empowers and inspires the generosity of the Federal community, and together we can have an even greater impact.
The CFC is one of the largest and most successful annual workplace campaigns, raising millions of dollars each year for organizations like yours. As the only authorized charitable solicitation of employees in the federal workplace, the CFC offers access to a critical source of unrestricted funds for participating nonprofits and an inexpensive way to attract new donors.
Information shared by your organization educates donors and helps them understand the importance of the CFC to participating charities. We look forward to working with you to attend campaign events and hope the following information is helpful as you plan for the upcoming campaign.
REGISTER FOR CFC EVENTS and Show Some Love today.
To be invited to participate in our CFC Event Program for one or more of the 9 CFC zones listed below, your charity must register in advance and review the OPM required training presentation attached. View Charity Event Training Seminar - Event Best Practices for CFC Event Success
- Zone 1: Alaska CFC
- Zone 11: Northern Lights CFC
- Zone 12: Heart of the Midlands CFC
- Zone 13: Heartland CFC
- Zone 14: Gateway CFC
- Zone 15: Midwestern CFC
- Zone 16: Oklahoma and North Texas CFC
- Zone 17: North Texas CFC
- Zone 18: Texas Gulf Coast CFC
RULES FOR EVENT PARTICIPATION
Throughout the campaign, charities may have an opportunity to meet directly with campaign leaders and federal employees. As you pursue these opportunities through charity fairs and speaking engagements, follow the guidelines set forth by the CFC to help make the most of your time with these potential donors.
- Charity representatives participating in CFC events should:
- Sign event authorization forms with all zones in which they plan to attend campaign functions.
- Attend only events to which the organization has been invited.
- Promote overall participation in the campaign, not only their organization, especially at speaking events.
- Greet, receive, and thank all people with respect, dignity, and enthusiasm.
- Use only the display area allotted, understanding that it may be necessary to share table space with other organizations.
- Follow all instructions provided by event organizers.
- Dress and act in a professional manner.
- The sale of promotional items or collection of names or funds at CFC events is strictly prohibited. Promotional items of nominal value may be distributed.
TIPS FOR DONOR ENGAGEMENT
Attending Combined Federal Campaign (CFC) events is just one way to reach the federal community. Engage potential donors by incorporating these tips into your marketing and outreach strategies:
- Print your 5-digit CFC code on all of your materials and display it prominently on your website.
- Use the Show Some Love theme in your own promotional efforts. For example, you could include something on your home page or in an e-newsletter that says, “Show Some Love to [charity mission] by giving to [charity name] through the CFC. Our designation number is [5-digit CFC code].”
- Make the ask. During the campaign, ask any known supporters who are federal employees/retirees to give to your charity through the CFC.
- Promote opportunities for federal employees to donate their time and talent as part of the new volunteerism component of the campaign.
- Incorporate messaging specific to retirees in your communications strategies. Ensure they are aware that they can support your organization by making a donation through the CFC.
- Talk about the ability to give through payroll deduction, which enables donors to give a little bit each pay period, adding to a significant contribution at the end of the year.
- Encourage your supporters to educate their co-workers about your organization so that they too can direct their donation to further your mission.
- Utilize social media to promote designations to your charity through the CFC. Be sure to include your 5-digit code, tag your local CFC zone, and include the hashtag #ShowSomeLoveCFC.
- Share your success stories, photos, and videos on your social media channels and websites, in donor communications, and with local CFCs so that they may also promote your great work.
- Target earned and paid media to the federal audience through pitching and advertising.
Access the CFC Marketing Material Assets (logos and more!) for Charities HERE
RSVP for Charity Training for Event Participation
We will be providing in person charity training in your zone! Please RSVP for training below. If you are not able to attend training in person, a web-based training will be provided and must be completed for you to participate in events. Topics Include: Overview of the CFC Events Process and Online/Mobile Friendly platform, Rules for Event Participation, and Tips for Donor Engagement.
To RSVP for a training session near you please complete the RSVP Form below:
PDF CFC Event Request Form – Email this to MidwesternCFC@Maguireinc.com